Variety of home based spiders are actually harmless but some people have phobia against this tiny arachnids. This has prompted creation of natural spider repellents to keep them out of sight. Like the name suggests, they’re harmless repellents made from organic products which spiders detest. A few of the natural oils spiders dislike are; peppermint, citronella, tea tree and lavender. You could thus use this substances to make spider repellents.
How To Make Natural Spider Repellent
According to www.mentalhealthy.co.uk “In western society, around 55% of women and 18% of men experience a fear of spiders to some degree.”
So, you may want to get rid of those irritating spider .Now let`s see the process of making natural spider repellent
- Essential natural oils e.g.;
- Tea tree
- Natural dish washing liquid
- Chili powder/ hot chili sauce
- Chewing tobacco
- Spray bottle
- Add 5 drops of essential oil and equal amount of dish washing liquid to a container with one liter of water.
- Transfer the solution into a spray bottle and shake well before use.
- Spray areas where you could have seen spiders as well as where they mostly love being, i.e. in the corners of your house where the wall and ceiling perpendicularly intersect.
- Reapply the spider spray repellent regularly, at least once a week.
See how to do the whole procedure
To make the repellent fiery, you can follow the following procedure ;
- Add 118 ml of vinegar and chili powder/ hot chili sauce to a liter of water in a container and shake thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into a spray bottle.
- Then spray the spider habitation areas all around the house.
For garden use, you can apply the following step by step guidelines to achieve an effective spider spray repellent.
- Boil a gallon of water and add a package of chewing tobacco or pipe.
- Let the tobacco soak in the water and cool to about 25 degrees Celsius, preferably room temperature.
- Strain the mixture into a clean container (225 ml) and add dish washing soap (lemon).
- Mix thoroughly the solution put it into a horse end sprayer.
- Then attach the horse-end sprayer to your garden horse and spray our entire yard or garden.
Making spider repellents is very easy therefore, don’t let this nasty web-making arthropods destroy your peace. Even though they are not dangerous, a spider-absent home is very comfortable to live in especially for the little ones who appear to be the most affected by their presence.
Readymade Spider Repellents
It may not always be easy to find the necessary natural oils to make spider repellents. However, there are a variety of readymade spider repellents which you could opt to purchase. Some of the repellents are;
The Star Brite Spider Repellent
If these eight-legged creepy crawlies freak you out, this repellent has got your back covered. Made from ready to use natural formula and natural mint oil extracts, it does not harm the spiders but repels them. Spray around the windows and doors as well as on the corners and for efficiency, reapply after 2 or 3 weeks.
Natural Oust Organic Home Pest Control Spray
It is a non-harmful spider deterrent spray which creates a natural border that prevents your house from spider infestation. Contains peppermint oil which spiders detest but does no harm to them. Like all spider repellents, apply around your house where the spiders lark around often and they’ll be out of your house in no time.