The American cockroach is the largest of the house-infesting roaches. They are also casually called water-bug. However, they are not aquatic. They have many names, such as Bombay canary, Kakerlac or Ship Cockroach. They belong from Blattidae family, Blattodea order and Insecta class. The binomial name of American cockroach is Periplaneta Americana. Today a complete guidance will be revealed here that will help you to identify and kill American roaches.
How to Identify American Roaches:
American cockroaches can be identified by their body shape and length, and behavior and habits.
- Size: American cockroaches can be 1.2 to 2.1 inches long.
- Preferable Temperature: They can lead their life at a temperature of 20 to 29-degree centigrade.
- Lifespan: The can leave from 3 months to 2 years.
- Flying Ability: They can fly.
- Behavior and Habits: American cockroaches prefer to live in outside of your home. Trees are there favorite place to hide in. However, they enter your house in search of foods and water. Your kitchen, basement and bathroom are there favorite places to check in.
How to Control American Roach in Your Home:
Some times it could be possible to eliminate the American Cockroaches with the items that are from home. So, do it Yourself, use these objects to get rid of American roaches.
- Boric Acid Powder: Boric acid is made chemically by mixing boron and water. Boric acid is found in detergent power. They are toxic to any pest, as well as humans. But they are deadly ingredients to kill a cockroach. All you need to do make sure your targets come in contact with the boric acid powder. Consider spray boric acid powder around your sink, basin and toilet pipes. You can also apply boric acid powder at your kitchen and bathroom floor at night. Just keep your child away from boric acid powder.
- Water Jar Trap with Coffee: The smell of caffeine attracts cockroach more than anything. In this method, we are going to take the advantage of this point. Take a jar that contains water. Now add coffee grind into the water. Now place the pot in that particular position where you suspect American roaches most. Do this method at night when you asleep. The smell of coffee makes the American cockroaches enter the jar, from where they would not manage to find their way back home.
- Ammonia-Water Solution: Consider washing the floors of your home by using ammonia-water Solution. Take a bucket full of water. Mix fifty grams of ammonia with it. Now use the solution specially to wash the floors of your kitchen and basements. This method will prevent American roaches from entering your home.
- Advion Syngenta Cockroach Gel Bait: This is a commercial product for getting rid of American roaches. The product is number 1 bestselling product in Pest Control Baits & Lures category. One box of Gel Bait contains four tubes, and it cost $24.94. Apply this gel for marking those areas where ever you saw American roaches most. It is very effective method for
killing any roaches. However you may see dead roaches around your home.
So these are the best methods for identifying and killing American Roaches. But if you see too much roaches in your home areas, it is better to hire pest management professionals.
If you are interested to know more about the ultimate control guide for this pest, just click this link below-
How to kill Cockroaches